For the out-of-the-box thinkers across the Dutch and worldwide blockchain community, brace yourselves for the biggest and most innovative event of the year, the Odyssey Hackathon.
Odyssey connects governments, corporates and non-profits with innovative entrepreneurs from around the world to let them jointly tackle 21st-century challenges. Together, they create an interconnected, multi-stakeholder ecosystem to build our future.Throughout this journey Odyssey brings together stakeholders with whom they articulate the challenges, exchange knowledge and prepare for the 48-hour Hackathon, where selected teams develop prototypes, supported by all program partners and 200+ specialised experts, such as legal advisers and financial regulators.
Since 2016, more than 230 prototypes have emerged from the program addressing the challenges of over 40 partners. The goal of each partner is to elevate the best teams and solutions to multi-stakeholder pilots after the Hackathon.
Odyssey is now in season 4, with the 2020 edition of the Hackathon coming up on April 3-5 in Groningen, the Netherlands.
Ready to tackle any of Odyssey’s global SDG related challenges?
- Fossil Free Future with Vattenfall
- Conscious Cities with the City of The Hague
- Nature 2.0 with Enexis
- Internet of Logistics with KLM Cargo & TVM
- Public Safety & Security with the Dutch National Police & Province of Groningen
- Self-Sovereign Identity with the Dutch Blockchain Coalition & the Dutch Ministry of Interior
- Energy Singularity with ENGIE & Grid Singularity
- Outcompete Destructive Systems with VMware & DAML
- Healthcare with the University Medical Center Groningen, Municipality of Groningen, Hanzehogeschool Groningen, University of Groningen, Province of Groningen
- Opening Up Real Estate with Kadaster, FIBREE, and the Dutch Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations
- Sovereign Nature with the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) & International Council for Environmental Law (ICEL)
- Conflict Prevention with Business Plan for Peace & Dutch Ministry of Defence
- Generation Now with Odyssey and its partners
This is the event for builders who want to co-create beyond the hype.
All of these challenges are open-source and require mass-collaboration, gathering different generations, backgrounds, nationalities and levels of society including grass-root communities, governments, companies, non-profits, regulators, public organisations and educational institutions.
Who should apply?
The Hackathon is optimised for startups, established startups, scale-ups, SMEs, corporate teams, as well as community and student teams who want to work on one of the 21 challenges. Team applications are open from January 20 until February 24 (2020).
Why Join? Participation is free but curated so, join, build your legacy and the future for generations to come. Odyssey Hackathon APPLY HERE.
Adapted from here