The honorary consul of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Cluj, Mr. Wouter Reijers, has announced during the high-level panel of EU Mayors ‘How to build StartupCities across Europe’ at the Startup Europe Summit held in Cluj-Napoca (Romania), that the Netherlands are going to organize the first Startup Europe Day in Rotterdam.
The Startup Europe Day will be powered by SCEP (StartupCity Europe Partnership) which is a new pan-European network of cities with more than 25 cities in 14 EU countries. Rotterdam is part of SCEP in order to become a leading European StartupCity.
In the Netherlands, the ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations has taken the initiative to organize the Startup Europe Day, together with the ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate, the city of Rotterdam, the province of Zuid Holland, and SCEP. This day will take place in November 2019, also a starting point for the new European Commission (2019-2023).
Some of the draft topics are:
- European funding and regulation.
- Deep Tech verticals (AI, IoT, HPC, Blockchain).
- Rotterdam – Cluj-Napoca as a good example of alternative hubs (not the “usual suspects” London, Paris, Amsterdam). During Romania’s EU Presidency from January-June 2019, Cluj-Napoca became the startup capital of Europe by hosting Startup Europe Summit on 21-22 March, 2019.
- SCEP strategic meeting with other member states such as Finland’s EU Presidency from July-December 2019.
- Startup in residence and activities related to innovation procurement. For example, the Netherlands government is spending more than 70 billion per year.
Read the full article and get the full overview of the EU actions via ec.europa.eu