The International Business, Innovation and Technology Festival – FINIT Festival 2018 in Brazil is hosting a sequel to the Amsterdam-based conference, the StartupCity Summit.
The second edition of the StartupCity Summit took place in Amsterdam on May 29th during the annual TNW Conference and was considered a great success among its participants. City representatives gathered from all over the world to exchange best practices, get inspired, make connections, collaborate and discuss the current and future role of local governments in developing a flourishing startup ecosystem.
After taking much inspiration from our May summit, representatives from the Minas Gerais State Government began developing the first StartupCity Summit Latin America edition, with support from StartupAmsterdam and SCALE. Ultimately, this event will take place during the FINIT Festival on November 28th, in the city of Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
The StartupCity Summit Latin America managed to attract Public Managers, Startup program CEOs, Directors of Local Investment Agencies, Incubators, Accelerators and Science Parks and people involved in fostering the startup ecosystem among others. Hense, it will be an opportunity to:
– Get introduced to the Latin American startup ecosystem;
– Understand how local governments can stimulate entrepreneurial activities and play a role in creating flourishing tech ecosystems;
– Establish connections and collaborate on the most urgent issues;
– Discuss how cities and regions can optimize their tech ecosystem.
In partnership with the Dutch Embassy and support of the Netherlands Business Support Office (NBSO), StartupAmsterdam and the City Halls of Belo Horizonte, Betim and Contagem, the event will combine lectures, panel discussions, and networking opportunities.
The line-up is inspiringly diverse. Here are just a few unmissable highlights!
- Connecting corporations to the startup ecosystem;
- The city as a potential customer for startups;
- Attracting, creating and scaling technological talent;
- International collaborations between startup cities;
- Local policy for strengthening of startup ecosystems;
- Stimulating venture capital;
- Promoting a local startup community.
The StartupCity Summit unites and enables participating city representatives to develop local startup and scaleup ecosystems. As a participant, you gain unique access to international best practices and networks of public and private stakeholders. Keep an eye on our website to learn about the next year’s edition.
If you would like to join the event, and for general inquiries, please visit the event’s website or connect via email: email@example.com